- 1 cup chopped fresh rhubarb
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1.In a small saucepan, bring rhubarb and water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-6 minutes or until tender. Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- 2. Place rhubarb in a blender or food processor; cover and process until smooth. Set aside.
- 3. In the same saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Add the remaining ingredients.
- 4. Whisk in rhubarb puree until blended. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Use as a basting sauce for grilled meats. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2-1/3 cups.
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and halved
- 6 cups halved cherry, grape, and pear tomatoes in varied colors
- 1/2 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into cubes
- 1 cup sliced basil leaves
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
1. Boil asparagus in a large pot of salted water for 2 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
2. Mix asparagus with remaining ingredients in a large bowl, stirring well to coat evenly with dressing.
- 20ml fresh lemon juice
- 20ml olive oil
- 2/3 tbs finely
- chopped fresh dill
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- green lettuces, leaves separated, washed, dried, torn
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, stones removed, peeled, thinly sliced
- 20 (about 1kg) cooked tiger prawns, peeled leaving tails intact, deveined
- Place the lemon juice, oil and dill in a screw-top jar and shake until combined. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Place lettuce, avocado and prawns on plates and drizzle with dressing to serve.