- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and halved
- 6 cups halved cherry, grape, and pear tomatoes in varied colors
- 1/2 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into cubes
- 1 cup sliced basil leaves
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
1. Boil asparagus in a large pot of salted water for 2 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
2. Mix asparagus with remaining ingredients in a large bowl, stirring well to coat evenly with dressing.
· 1 tbsp olive oil
· 1 large yellow onion chopped
· 4 chopped garlic cloves
· 1 tsp red pepper flakes
· 2 tsp curry powder
· 1tsp cardamom
· 11/4tsp slt
· 1 cup red lentils, rinsed
· 1 peeled and chopped mango
· 21/2 cups water
· 6 whole wheat wraps
· 1 cup plain yogurt
· 1 tbsp chopped fresh mint
· 1 tsp lime juice
Heat oil in a deep skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook 5 minutes until translucent. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more. Stir in red pepper flakes, curry, cardamom and salt. Add lentils and mango. Mix well.
Pour in water and bring to a boil. Cover and turn heat to low. Cook 20 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally until water is absorbed and lentils are tender. Stir in parsley.
Mix sauce ingredients together in small bowl.
Fill chapati or wraps with curry. Drizzle with Mint Cooling Sauce. Roll and serve.
Recipe by Jenny Hurst, PCC Cooks instructor
- 3/4 container of Plain Yogurt
- 1 tb Lemon Juice
- 1 tb Seedless Grapes
- 1 Pineapple or Mango Cubes
- 3/4 container of Strawberries
- 1 Orange peeled and sectioned
- 1/2 container of Fresh Blueberries (when in season)
- Put yogurt, confectioners sugar and lemon juice in a small mixing bowl. Blend ingredients with a mixing spoon until mixture is smooth.
- Chill until serving time.
- Pierce fruit onto wooden skewers, alternating types of fruit for a colourful mix.
- Spoon dip into a serving platter bowl and place at center of serving platter, then arrange skewers around bowl.