- 10 lb smoked ham with rind, preferably shank end
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice or apple cider
- 1⁄2 cup Dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- Preheat oven 325F.
- Place ham in large roasting pan. Pour apple juice over. Cover ham completely with parchment paper, then cover ham and pan completely with heavy duty foil, sealing edges tightly.
- Bake about 3 hrs and 45 min, until thermometer reads 145. Remove ham from oven. Increase oven temp to 375F.
- Remove foil and parchment from the ham. Drain and discard liquids from roasting pan. Cut off rind and all but 1⁄4 inch thick layer of fat from ham and discard. Using long sharp knife, score fat in 1”wide, 1⁄4” deep diamond pattern. Spread mustard evenly over fat layer. Pat brown sugar over mustard coating, pressing firmly to adhere. Drizzle honey evenly over. Bake until ham is well glazed, spooning any mustard and sugar glaze that slides into roasting pan back over ham, about 30 min.
- Transfer ham to cooling platter, let cool at least 45 min. Slice and serve warm.