- 1 cup chopped fresh rhubarb
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1.In a small saucepan, bring rhubarb and water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-6 minutes or until tender. Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- 2. Place rhubarb in a blender or food processor; cover and process until smooth. Set aside.
- 3. In the same saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Add the remaining ingredients.
- 4. Whisk in rhubarb puree until blended. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Use as a basting sauce for grilled meats. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2-1/3 cups.