- 1 medium Butternut Squash
- 3 tart Green Apples - peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium Onion, peel & chop
- 1/4 teaspoon Rosemary
- 3 (10 1/2 ounces) containers Chicken Broth
- Water – as required
- 1/4 cups Heavy Cream or Half-and-Half chopped Fresh Parsley for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Peel squash and seed it; cut into chunks. Combine squash with apples, onions, rosemary, salt, pepper, broth and water in a large heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer, uncovered, for 45 minutes.
- Puree soup in blender or food processor.
- Return mixture to saucepan and bring just to boiling point, then reduce heat. Before serving, add cream.
- Serve hot, with chopped fresh parsley sprinkled on top.